Sunday 30 October 2016

4D: Literature. Part 1.

1. Food Literature: Blogger: Deliciously Ella. 

Deliciously Ella started her blog 4 years ago and has since released 3 cook/ health books and also has another book on the way in January.

In her first cook book, it begins with her story, something which I found incredible interesting. In her words she was a "sugar monster" and also "nutrition was low on her priority list". However in 2011, she was diagnosed with a rare illness caked Postural Tachycardia Syndrome, or POTS which areas down your autonomic nervous system, the system thats controls your digestions, circulation, immune system and heartbeat. This caused her extreme amounts of paint and lack lustre of energy sleeping for over 16 hours a day shutting her off from the life that she previously knew and she wasn't going to follow in despair over this.

After doing her own research she discovered a woman called Kris Carr who had written a book about her diet in order to manage her cancer she was suffering from. This changed Ella's thought process and immediately she thought she would do the same in order to try and help her health condition and started a whole foods, plant-based diet and gave up all meat, dairy, sugar, gluten and anything processed including chemicals and additives. To make such a drastic decision in ones life as such as this is obviously life changing along with the health condition she was already suffering from but this turned out to be the best thing for her.

Changing her diet allowed her to slowly make her way off her medication all together and also help encourage her to have her own blog "Deliciously Ella" as stated earlier has now celebrated its fourth birthday, she has released 3 cook books with food recipes, juices and smoothies of all of the recipes she has created to make this form of diet a tasty and healthy way to live. She has also opened 2 deli's called The Mae Deli, one resides in Seymour Place, Marble Arch and the new Deli is to open this week.

I think she is beyond one of the most inspiring people to admire in today's society. Going from a point of being at the lowest of the low in her way of health and life and now being an incredibly successful business woman who has turned her life around making her illness that was out of her control completely in her control and becoming an incredible success from it.

No my health issues are no way as extreme as what Ella suffered however her taking a leap of faith into changing her diet was the best decision she had made and I hope the same will apply to me on my journey. I do not intend on giving up meat however I am going to do my best to cut out anything processed out of my die and maintain a strong healthy diet hopefully following Ella's recipes in the process and see how this impacts my life. Furthermore I am also going to keep a food diary to monitor how I made what I made and how it made me feel and see if I do notice a difference in my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment